Chime is an online bank service that offers various banking services and features to its customers with a good performance. This platform is loved by people because it enables users to transfer payments with no fees. Yet not everyone seems satisfied with its services for different reasons if it does not satisfy as expected by you.
It is seen that because of this many people desire to delete Chime’s account. But unfortunately, you cannot find a direct way to delete the Chime bank account as one needs.
So here, through this article, we bring to you the steps on how do you delete a Chime account in a simple and straightforward manner.
How to permanently delete Chime account:
One thing you must learn is that if you are using the Chime mobile applications then simply deleting the app from the device will not certainly delete or close the account.
So just take note of a few of the things that have been stated below in order to permanently delete the Chime account:-
- No balance must be left in the account of Chime bank.
- Withdraw all the linked cards and bank accounts.
- Navigate to payment history and then check if there is any pending payment. If yes, then simply cancel it.
- Make sure that the balance on Chime is not negative. If there is a negative balance then you need to clear all the dues to proceed to delete the account.
- Ensure that no refund is being figured before you delete the Chime account.
How to delete a Chime account:
The steps that one needs to follow on the Chime delete account are:-
- Unlink all the accounts on Chime: The first thing you must do is to unlink the accounts connected to Chime account so as to avoid charges if any applicable.
- Forward an Email to the Chime firm: Next you must send a composed email to Chime at email@example.com making a request to delete the account of Chime. Once done, it is advised to contact the Chime customer team.
- Contact the Chime Customer Service team: To get your account deleted as quick as possible stay at the back of the Customer Service team by contacting via the phone.
Let us now look into these steps on ‘How to delete Chime bank account’ in detail below:-
1: Unlink or Withdraw the accounts linked with Chime:
So the first step that is most important before you go for deleting the Chime bank account is to unlink all the other accounts that were linked with Chime including your cards that are connected with the Chime account.
This step is essential so as to prevent any excessive hassle or dispute if it comes to spontaneous fees or charges.
Once all the cards and accounts get unlinked the next is to make a request to delete the account.
2: Forward a composed Email to the company through the email chime support team:
The next step on ‘How do I delete my Chime account’ is to make a request to the Chime account through email to get the account deleted.
Here are the steps to send an email:-
- Send an email to Chime at the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State the topic as ‘Request to Delete my Account’.
- Make sure to include the details of your account such as: Chime account number, Name of the Account, the account address, Reason to delete the account.
- Also make sure to ask about the confirmation mail once the account gets deleted.
3: Contact Chime customer service:
Lastly, make sure to contact the customer support service to get the work done as quickly as possible.
- Call the customer support phone number: 1-844-244-6363.
- Talk to the rep about the status of your Chime account.
- Ask to know how long it will require to delete the account permanently.
- Ensure to get a confirmation mail on successful cancellation of the Chime Bank account.
Thus, as a whole, we can conclude that by following the above-mentioned steps on how do I delete my Chime spending account can be proceeded by sending an email to Chime, and then for confirmation you can contact the customer support team to easily go for deleting the Chime account as soon as possible without any further issues. Also, make sure to fulfill the required conditions for a hassle-free procedure.